There have been a lot of delightfully fun posts in blogland lately with wonderfully revealing narratives by the blog authors. "7 Strange Things About Me" is one that I particularly like to read. I'm happy to learn that I'm not the only one out there with sometimes quirky tastes. I am adding my own little spin to the lists posted lately. Here are Things I Like. This is a partial list. I like so many things! I just thought you all might be interested in a few. And if we share the same likes, that is all the better!
1. I like swaps.
I participated in Missy Ballance's Owl swap. One of my partners is Valerie. Look what she made and sent me! Valerie is a talented scrapbooker and seamtress. She made me the cutest owl oven mitt, and owl shadow box! This generouse lady also sent a halloween banner, owl stamp, glittery owl, and wonderful owl on a pumpkin! Thanks so MUCH! XXXOOO!
I also participated in Hop Hop Jingle Boo's black cat and pumpkin swap! My partner, Ele, who is a master of the paper arts, sent me this bounty! A box and cone, she made from ball trim, vintage images, and MORE, was full of delish candy! She also included srpinkles, a cookie cutter, napkins, a fab black Halloween tree, a crocheted cloth, and fabulous coasters! What a generous lady! Please visit Ele's blog! Such romantic and pink fun there! Thanks so much, Ele! XXOO!
2. I like my Australian Cattle Dog. Some people think she's funny looking. I think she's cute! She barks a lot and is too smart for her own good. She also likes our living room couch.
3. I like cute things. Need I say more about this planter?
4. I like candy corn. Pretty, sweet, and 100% sugar!
5. I like my elves collection. Hubby and son think they're creepy.
6. I like my Scotty magazine holder. Suzy at GeorgiaPeachez, my BFF, gave this to me two Christmases ago!
7. I like kitsch. This plastic Pepe pig bank fits the bill and sits on our deck!
8. I like small plants. The shorter, the better!
9. But I also like fall mums. Look at this one! We got it this week! It's HUGE!
10. I like fabric. Lots of it! Here is my stash which I keep in the hallway leading to my office/studio!
11. I like paint-by-number. This is one of many we have on our walls. The Smithsonian did a show of paint-by-number a few years ago. What's good enough for The Smithsonian, is good enough for us!
12. I like my collection of pots, some of which I keep on a pink flower cart.
13. And, of course, I like...I mean I love Lucy!
14. I also like to shop for old things. I bought these dolls saturday in a silent auction sponsored by our local church.
16. And I like, really like, my blogland friends! XXOO! Beth